What I love about this recipe:
- Healthy and flavorful.
- Adaptable: this recipe is extremely forgiving, and easy to adapt to use ingredients that you like and have on hand. I’m sharing what I typically put in them, but the options are endless, including bean sprouts, chicken, lettuce, bell peppers avocado.
- The dipping sauce: a simple peanut sweet chili sauce that puts them over the top!
How to make Fresh Spring Rolls:
How to store spring rolls:
Consider serving these with other Thai inspired recipes:
Fresh Spring Rolls
- 1 package spring roll rice wrappers , found in the Asian foods section at the grocery store
- 1 package vermicelli rice noodles , found in the Asian foods section at the grocery store
- 2 mangos , peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 large carrot , peeled and shredded or sliced into thin strips
- 1 large English cucumber , peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pound small, cooked shrimp , deveined, tails removed, or substitute chicken
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Cook vermicelli noodles in boiling water, for just a few minutes, according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Gather all topping ingredients together, including chopped veggies, herbs, cooked shrimp.
- Add about 1 inch of water to a large, deep dish, or pie pan. Place one rice wrapper into the water and let soak for just 10-15 seconds. It should still feel pretty firm as you remove it and lay it on your counter or plate.
- (It will soften up as you add the filling ingredients, but If you let it soak for too long it will get too soft and will tear when you roll it up.)
- Layer 1-2 slices of each veggie, a few shrimp, a few leaves of each herb and a pinch of noodles on the ⅓ of the spring roll that is closest to you.
- Fold the sides of the spring roll in over the ingredients. Then pull the side closest to you up and over the ingredients, sealing everything together tightly, and rolling it up like a burrito.
For the peanut sauce:
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- bean sprouts
- sliced avocado
- cooked, chopped chicken
- romaine lettuce leaf
- sliced bell peppers
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I originally shared this recipe March 2013. Updated February 2020.
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products with you!