This Pomegranate and Pear Salad includes goat or feta cheese, pears, nuts, and pomegranates over a bed of fresh spinach, drizzled with a homemade dressing. It only takes 15 minutes and is sure to impress any guest!
Why I love this recipe:
- Festive – This pear salad is perfectly festive and beautiful during the holidays with the bright red pomegranate seeds and the green pears. I love to serve it for Christmas dinner or any holiday party!
- Delicious – The combination of the flavors in this salad are flavorful and absolutely delicious. The dressing is easy and absolutely worth the 2 minutes!
- Quick – Just 15 minutes to whip this simple salad together. It just has a few ingredients, but it wows my guests every single time.
How to make Pear and Pomegranate Salad:
Combine Ingredients: Place spinach in the bowl and top with the pears, pomegranate seeds, feta, and chopped almonds.
Make Salad Dressing: Whisk together apple cider vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, and salt and pepper.
Serve: Drizzle dressing over pear pomegranate salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Make Ahead Instructions:
To Make Ahead: The salad dressing can be made and kept in the fridge a couple days in advance. Just take it out 15 minutes before you use it and whisk it up. Pour on the spinach pomegranate salad when you are ready to serve.
- Cheese – Feel free to use feta, gorgonzola, or goat cheese.
- Nuts – Swap out the almonds for pistachios, walnuts, pecans, or your favorite nut!
- Protein – Make it a complete meal and add chicken, tofu, or steak!
- Pomegranate Apple Salad – Substitute the pears for sliced apples.
Follow me for more great recipes
Pomegranate and Pear Salad
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves , or mixed greens or arugula
- 2 large ripe pears , cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 ounces crumbled goat, feta, or gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, walnuts or pistachios
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing by whisking all ingredients together.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe December 2014. Updated November 2022.