Start your morning right with the best Green Smoothie recipe made with kale, pineapple, mint and ginger. It’s so fresh and delicious, my kids request it every morning!
Whether you’re a green smoothie expert or a newbie, you will love this recipe! Green smoothies are the perfect way to start your morning off right…with pure vitamins, minerals, fiber, and with no added sugar. Green smoothies are also a great way to get your kids to eat their vegetables for breakfast.
What I LOVE about this Green smoothie:
- Fast– You can literally have this ready to go in under 5 minutes! I always keep kale in the refrigerator and frozen fruit in the freezer, making this healthy smoothie the fastest breakfast to throw together.
- Healthy – I love kale because it’s low calorie and packed with vitamins and fiber. The flaxseed oil is a great addition know one can taste, and we often add a scoop of chia seeds for even more protein and fiber.
- Customizable– Change it up by adding different greens, different fruit, or even throwing in some protein powder, nut butter or rolled oats! See more variation ideas below.
- Fruit: Apple, Pineapple, and Banana
- Water and Ice Cubes
- Mint Leaves, Lemon Juice, Flax Seed Oil, Agave Nectar, and Ginger Purée.
How to Make a Green Smoothie:
Combine Ingredients: Add all ingredients to a high-power blender and blend until smooth.
Blend until smooth.
Serve and enjoy this healthy green smoothie recipe for breakfast, or a healthy snack.
Healthy Green Smoothie Variations:
- Add rolled oats: a great whole grain that will add additional protein and fiber and a thicker texture that I love.
- Add nut butter: a spoonful of peanut butter or almond butter for some some healthy unsaturated fat and protein.
- Switch up the greens by adding spinach or collard greens.
- Add powder: A scoop of unflavored protein powder, collagen peptides, or acai berry powder.
Follow me for more great recipes
- 1 cup chopped kale , packed, large ribs removed
- ½ of a medium apple (4 oz)
- 3-5 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks , about 2-3 chunks
- ½ of a frozen banana
- ½ cup water
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon flax seed oil
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- ¾ teaspoon refrigerated pureed ginger or fresh minced ginger
- 4 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a high-power blender and blend until smooth.
- Add rolled oats. Whole rolled oats are a great whole grain that will add additional protein and fiber as well as a grainy texture that I love.
- Add peanut butter. A spoonful of peanut butter will also add some healthy unsaturated fat as well as protein.
- Switch up the greens. Try adding collard greens or kale in place of spinach. Or try a little of each.
- Add powder. Try adding a heaping tablespoon of vanilla or chocolate protein powder, collagen peptides, or acai berry powder.
- Make it vegan or dairy-free. Leave out the yogurt and use soy or almond milk.
- ¼ cup milk
- juice of 1 orange, freshly squeezed
- 5 ice cubes
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach leaves
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- ½ cup frozen fruit: pineapple, strawberries, mango, peaches, or raspberries
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed, optional
- chia seeds, optional
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe April 2013. Updated December 2019 and February 2023.
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products with you.