The best Chocolate Protein Shake recipe is decadent, creamy, and filled with wholesome ingredients. It only takes 5 minutes and is the perfect breakfast, post-workout snack, or dessert!
Why I love this recipe:
My friend shared the most amazing protein shake with me last year and it became an obsession. Her recipe was inspired by a protein shake from Lillie’s Eats and Treats. I started making my own much simplified version and, months later, it’s still one of my daily cravings!
- Healthy – High in protein, and filled satiating ingredients that will leave you feeling satisfied.
- Tasty – This seriously could pass for a chocolate milkshake. I love to enjoy it in the evenings as a dessert and it satisfies my sweet tooth every time!
- Quick – All you need is 5 minutes for this chocolate banana protein shake! Perfect for breakfast, post-workout snack, dessert, or even a snack on the go!
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Chocolate Protein Powder: Your favorite kind (we like Active Stacks).
- Cocoa Powder: Any unsweetened cocoa powder will work, but the darker the richer. I’ve loved this brand.
- Powdered Peanut Butter: We love PB Fit.
- Frozen Banana
How to make a Chocolate Protein Shake:
Blend: Add protein powder, cocoa powder, almond milk, banana, and ice, to a blender and blend until smooth.
Add Toppings: Pour into cup and use a spoon to stir in peanut butter powder. Optional: Stir in other mix-ins—my favorites are Rice Krispies cereal, cacao nibs and a sprinkle of flake salt. Stir and enjoy this chocolate peanut butter protein shake.
Milkshake Cup and Spoon: My friend served her shake in a stainless steel milkshake cup, with long milkshake spoons, and it made them so fun to eat–like enjoying a true chocolate milkshake. I went and immediately bought my own.
- Protein Powder: We like Active Stacks Chocolate Protein Powder (it’s beef protein base, not whey). Use your favorite brand.
- Nut-Free: Use oat milk or soy milk and omit the peanut butter powder.
- Toppings: Feel free to top with a sliced banana, a little whipped cream, or your favorite toppings!
Follow me for more great recipes
Chocolate Protein Shake
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder , (30-35 grams) good quality*
- 1 Tablespoons dark unsweetened cocoa powder , or more, to taste
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 small/medium frozen ripe banana*
- 8-15 Ice cubes , (depending how thick you’d like it)
- 1 or 2 Tablespoons peanut butter powder , (PB Fit) stirred in at the end
- Add protein powder, cocoa powder, almond milk, banana, and ice, to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into cup and use a spoon to stir in peanut butter powder.
- Add Optional Toppings: My favorites are Rice Krispies cereal, cacao nibs and a sprinkle of flake salt.
- Stir and Enjoy.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!