This easy Chocolate Overnight Oats recipe only takes 10 minutes to prep and is my favorite portable breakfast or lunch! It’s healthy, filling, and so delicious that I crave it daily.
Why I love this recipe:
- Quick – Only 10 minutes to prep these protein overnight oats and then you wake up to a filling breakfast ready to go!
- Portable – I love prepping these and bringing them for an on-the-go breakfast, camping, early morning travel day, or even lunch at the pool!
- Delicious – As much as I love Cinnamon Apple and Strawberry Overnight Oats, there’s nothing like this chocolate peanut butter overnight oats combo to curb my cravings and leave me feeling full.
- Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats – I always buy organic.
- Chia Seeds
- Chocolate Protein Powder – the Clean Simple Eats Chocolate Brownie Batter is my favorite kind.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – I love the Guittard cocoa powder and this extra dark cocoa powder, but any will work.
- Peanut Butter Powder – I love the PB Fit Peanut Butter Powder and use it in my chocolate protein shakes and love to add it to my protein bars, and energy balls.
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Vanilla Extract
How to make Chocolate Overnight Oats:
Combine Ingredients: Add oats, chia seeds, protein powder, cocoa powder and peanut butter powder to a bowl then mix to combine. Stir in maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract until well combined.
Refrigerate: Divide chocolate peanut butter overnight oats between two half pint mason jars or containers with a lid (I like to use these) and refrigerate overnight or up to 5 days before eating.
Enjoy these chocolate protein overnight oats plain, or top with fresh berries, sliced bananas, cacao nibs or coconut flakes.
- Peanut Butter Powder: Could be left out or substitute natural creamy peanut butter or almond butter.
- Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Cinnamon Apple Overnight Oats
Follow me for more great recipes
Chocolate Overnight Oats
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I like clean simple eats or active stacks)
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter powder*
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup , or a few drops of liquid chocolate stevia
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add oats, chia seeds, protein powder, cocoa powder and peanut butter powder to a bowl and mix to combine. Stir in maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Enjoy plain, or top with fresh berries, sliced bananas, cacao nibs or coconut flakes.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!