This easy Cottage Cheese Pancakes recipe is made in a blender using whole foods, and results in healthier pancakes that still taste amazing! Best of all, they contain 5 grams of protein at just 100 calories each.
We’ve been making these delicious Cottage Cheese Pancakes for years. In love that they’re protein pancakes with the same great taste and texture of regular pancakes, without flour, canola oil, sugar or butter!
- Eggs: Adds 12 grams protein.
- Cottage Cheese: Adds 13 grams protein
- Whole Grain Oats: Adds 14 grams protein, 10 grams fiber.
- Baking powder.
- Olive Oil. You could substitute coconut oil
- Vanilla extract.
- Protein Powder: Optional to add ½ scoop of protein powder to the batter if you’d like.
How to Make Cottage Cheese Pancakes:
Make Oat Flour: Add oats and baking powder to a blender and blend to make a fine powder.
Blend: Add cottage cheese, eggs, water, vanilla, oil, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
Cook: Pour pancakes onto a hot greased griddle then cook until golden on both sides.
Serve warm with fruit and real maple syrup.
Allow cottage cheese pancakes to cool, then lay them in a single layer on a plate or baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes (to help keep them from sticking together). Then place them in a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Warm from frozen in the microwave.
More Healthy Breakfast Favorites:
- Green Smoothie
- Vanilla Protein Shake
- Chocolate Protein Shake
- 5 Minute Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Breakfast Taquitos
- Skinny Banana Bread Muffins
- Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Healthy Granola
- Instant Pot Yogurt
Follow me for more great recipes
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- Preheat a hot griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Add oats and baking powder to a food processor or blender and blend until they're as fine as flour.
- Add the cottage cheese, eggs, water, vanilla, oil and cinnamon and blend until smooth.
- Pour about ¼ cup batter onto griddle to form pancake. Cook on one side until bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pancake. Flip and cook on the other side until golden.
- Serve with fresh fruit and real maple syrup, or a low sugar syrup.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
*I originally shared this post February 2015. Updated January 2021 and May 2023.