The best Ambrosia Salad recipe is made with pineapple, mandarin oranges, yogurt, mini marshmallows, coconut and whipped cream. This easy side dish has a delicious tropical sweetness and is always a crowd favorite!
I particularly love Ambrosia Salad during spring time, Easter or Mother’s Day celebrations because the soft pastel colors are so fun. Many recipes for ambrosia salad use cool whip, but if you’ve followed my blog at all, you know I would never use cool whip when I could substitute fresh whipped cream. The taste is so much better!
How to Make Ambrosia Salad:
Whipped Cream: Add whipping cream to a large bowl or stand mixer and beat with electric beaters for 1-2 minutes. Slowly add powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in yogurt.
Add Fruit: Drain canned fruits very well, then add remaining ingredients to a large serving bowl.
Chill and Serve: Fold in whipped cream mixture. Chill this easy ambrosia salad for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Make Ahead Instructions:
This classic Ambrosia Salad recipe can be made several hours or up to 1 day ahead of time, but for best results, leave the marshmallows out and stir them in just before serving.
Consider trying these Fruit Salads:
Follow me for more great recipes
Ambrosia Fruit Salad
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt , or vanilla
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 11 ounce can mandarin oranges , drained
- 8 ounce can pineapple tidbits , drained
- 1 cup maraschino cherries , drained
- 1 1/2 cups mini fruit-flavored marshmallows
- Other optional fruit salad add-ins: chopped pecans , sliced bananas, chopped apples
- Add whipping cream to a large bowl or stand mixer and beat with electric beaters for 1-2 minutes. Slowly add powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in yogurt.
- Drain canned fruits very well, then add remaining ingredients to a large serving bowl.
- Fold in whipped cream mixture. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe March 2017. Updated March 2021 and April 2023.