These easy Thai-Inspired Chicken Lettuce Wraps are bursting with bold flavor and fresh ingredients. They can be enjoyed as a main dish or served as an appetizer. Healthy food has never tasted so amazing!
Why I love this recipe:
- Bold Flavors – I love Thai-inspired recipes because they include fresh ingredients and bold flavors!
- Healthy – Packed with fresh vegetables, protein, and a homemade sweet sauce that’s lower in sodium than store-bought. These Thai Lettuce Wraps will leave you satisfied and energized.
- 30-Minute Meal – I love recipes that are still made from scratch that I can have on the table quick! Try this Spring Roll Bowl or Lemon Chicken Pasta!
How to make Thai-Inspired Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
Cook Chicken: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add chicken, garlic, onions, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
Add Veggies: Add the carrots, cabbage, and green onions, cooking an additional 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Make Sauce: In a small bowl combine the sweet chili sauce, ginger, chunky peanut butter, and soy sauce, and crushed red pepper. Stir until smooth.
Combine: Add to pan along with chopped cilantro. Stir until blended in and heated through.
Serve: Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and enjoy these Thai ground chicken lettuce wraps!
What is the best lettuce for lettuce wraps?
You can use any type of green leafy lettuce for lettuce wraps, but popular types of lettuce include Boston bib lettuce and romaine hearts. The great thing about lettuce wraps is that they are easily modifiable when it comes to the filling and the wrapping. Cabbage leaves would also be a yummy substitute.
Make Ahead Instructions:
All of the veggies can be chopped ahead, and the sauce can be made 2-3 days in advance. This is a great recipe for meal prep, as leftovers will keep in the fridge for several days and taste great reheated.
- Vegetables: This recipe is easily adaptable to use what you have in your fridge. Add other chopped veggies, like celery, bok choy, bean sprouts, shredded Brussels sprouts, zucchini, or summer squash. Sauté the veggies until tender when you add them to the skillet. If you add a lot of extra veggies to this recipe, you may want to make a little more sauce.
- Meat: Substitute the chicken for ground turkey or pork.
- Vegetarian: Substitute the meat for tofu, or leave it out completely, adding extra veggies instead.
- Avocado Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Follow me for more great recipes
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce (found in the Asian section of the grocery store)
- 1 heaping Tablespoon chunky peanut butter , or smooth
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- crushed red pepper flakes , to taste
- Boston Bib lettuce , or romaine lettuce leaves
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add chicken, garlic, onions, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the carrots, cabbage, and green onions, cooking an additional 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the sweet chili sauce, ginger, chunky peanut butter, and soy sauce, and crushed red pepper. Stir until smooth. Add to pan along with chopped cilantro. Stir to coat.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe in January 2014. Updated January 2018 and May 2023.